Member of the Chapel of the Cross since 1996.
Previous Vestry Service
Member of the Vestry at Chapel of the Cross from 2008 until 2011. While on the Vestry, liaison to the Global Mission Committee and Chair of the Finance Committee.
Current parish activities
- Finance Committee since 2010 (Chair 2010-11).
- Delegate to the Diocesan Convention for the past six years, serving two consecutive terms. As a delegate, served on the Constitution and Canons Committee, and the Elections Committee.
Past parish activities
- Member of the Parish Communications Committee 2006 until 2012.
- Co-Chair of the ABC Sale with Mary Kent Hill, circa 2004.
- Taught Church School during son John’s early years in the parish
- Husband Rhodes and I supported the Junior Choir and Acolyte Program for many years
- Participated for two full terms in the Education for Ministry (EFM) Course, under the direction of Tammy Lee.
Work outside the parish
- Member of the Board of Trustees at The Asheville School, where I serve on the Executive Committee, the Strategic Planning Committee, and the Committee on Student Life.
- Friends Board of the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University
- Immediate Past Chair of the Durham Library Foundation
- Member of the Economic Development Task Force at North Carolina Central University
- Past President of the Junior League of Durham and Orange Counties and active Sustainer
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Association of Junior Leagues, International
- Practiced law for many years, but have concentrated on service to non-profit and community organizations for the past two decades
Member of the Chapel of the Cross for more than 20 years
Current Parish Activities
- Member, Global Mission Committee:Chair, South Africa Committee; Chair, Committee to Welcome South Africa Partnership Group to our Church (May 2014)
- Representative to Consortium of Endowed Episcopal Parishes (CEEP): Leader, Faith in Action Pre-Conference Seminar; Member, Program Committee
- Co-chair, Hospitality Ministry:Chair, Funeral Receptions; Co-chair, Newcomers’ Receptions
- Lay Eucharistic Minister
Past Parish Activities
- Co-chair, Hospitality Guild: Initiator Shepherds’ Ministry; Reorganizer, Bread Ministry; Co-chair, Funeral Receptions and Co-leader, Newcomers’ Reception
- Lector and Intercessor
- Founding Member, Global Mission Committee: Leader, Pilgrimage to South Africa, KWASA School and St. Peter/St. Paul Anglican Church for 15 Chapel of the Cross Pilgrims; Coordinator, Year-Long Study prior to Pilgrimage; Initiator of Partnership between Chapel of the Cross and KWASA School
- Representative, Consortium of Endowed Episcopal Parishes (6 Years); Chair, Faith in Action Pre-Conference Seminar (5 Years); Member, Program Committee (5 Years)
- Leader and Team Leader, Annual and Capital Campaigns
- Member, Finance Committee
- Contributor to Cross Roads
Work outside the Parish
- Recently retired UNC Professor and Chair:Doctoral Student Dissertation Advisement
- Member, LEAP Board of Directors (Latino Educational Achievement Partnership)
- Counselor, UNC Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society
- Member, Doctoral Student and Dissertation Committee, Duke Divinity School
- Member, Kiwanis Club of Chapel Hill-Carrboro: Initiator, “Read for Fun,” UNC Children’s Hospital Playroom
- Board Member, UNC Women’s Club